Please note: You may be unable to download practice materials onto a notebook due to limited screen resolution.
- Step 1 Content Description and General Information Booklet – updated February 2017
- Step 1 Sample Items – updated February 2017
- Tutorial and Practice Test Items for Multiple-Choice Questions – updated February 2017*
Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK)
- Step 2 CK Content Description and General Information Booklet – updated June 2016
- Step 2 CK Sample Items (PDF) – updated June 2016
- Tutorial and Practice Test Items for Multiple-Choice Questions – updated June 2016*
Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS)
- Step 2 CS Content Description and General Information Booklet - updated March 22, 2016
- Onsite Orientation for Step 2 CS (Video) - Updated May 27, 2015
- Patient Note Interactive (simulation of program for writing patient notes)
- Sample Patient Notes
An animated demonstration of the Primum Computer-based Case Simulations examination is available.
- Step 3 Content Description and General Information Booklet (updated December 2, 2016)
- Step 3 Sample Test Questions (updated December 2, 2016)
- Tutorial and Practice Items for Multiple-Choice Questions and Primum Computer-based Case Simulations (CCS) (Windows only)* download 87 Mb(Windows only)
posted: November 28, 2016
- Feedback for Step 3 CCS Practice Cases
NOTE: Examinees taking a Step 3 exam before January 16, 2017 will NOT be able to use the magnification and reverse color features that are available in the downloadable practice materials.
* See Special Note About Tutorials in sidebar
USMLE Computer-based Testing (CBT) Practice Session
Practice Sessions are available, for a fee, for registered examinees who want the opportunity to become familiar with the Prometric test center environment. Register for a CBT Practice Session »