Overview and Instructions
To Request Test Accommodations:
- Read the Guidelines carefully. Share them with the professional who will be helping you prepare your documentation.
- Read the instructions for completing the Request for Test Accommodations form.
- Complete and sign the appropriate request form
- If appropriate, have your medical school complete the Certification of Prior Test Accommodations form.
- Attach documentation of the disability and your need for accommodation.
- Compare your documentation with the information listed in these guidelines to ensure a complete submission.
- Incomplete documentation will delay processing of your request.
- Send your request for test accommodations and supporting documentation to the address noted on the form. If you choose to e-mail your request:
- E-mail attachments must be PDFs for documents. Photographs of Personal Items may be in a file format for digital photos such as JPGs/JPEGs.
- Maximum allowed file size is 25 MB (per total message including pdf attachments, body text, and any overhead such as header size).
- Please be aware of outgoing e-mail restrictions on your server.
- NBME Disability Services will acknowledge receipt of your request by e-mail within a few business days of receiving your request for test accommodations. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within that timeframe, please contact Disability Services at 215-590-9700.
Test accommodations include but are not limited to the following:
- Assistance with keyboard tasks
- Audio rendition
- Extended testing time
- Additional break time
- Enlarged text and graphics
- Permission for assistive devices